Counseling for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help you explore ways to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If some of these symptoms resonate with you or you already know you suffrer from anxiety and want to do something to manage the symptoms with “talk therapy”, I invite you to contact me today for an initial consultation.